About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Wednesday 7 July 2010


Construction of the store's timber frame started on Monday 5 July. See Flickr for a couple of images taken today. Timber frames are not common, but can result in spectacular interiors. I wonder how this one is going to turn out? This image is the result of converting to black and white and then cross processing in Photoshop. I might do some more fiddling with it.
The character of the site is really beginning to change now. The line of the link road can be clearly seen. Stuff is really starting to come out of the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment