About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Wednesday 30 June 2010













More images of progess with the steel frame on Flickr today. Also, hoardings are now going up along Bridge Street (see this image), which is worrying. We won't be able to see what's going on on site, and this photographer's job is going to get more difficult! I know security's important, but I sincerely hope we'll get some viewing windows. Do say yes, GMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment