About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Monday 12 July 2010


















It rained all day. I got wet. So did everyone else on site. So did my camera lens, so quite a few ruined images, I'm afraid. The timber frame is coming on. Apparently it's Glulam - a timber laminate system, see http://www.glulamtimbersystems.co.uk. You're not looking at single pieces of timber, more many small pieces glued together. On the rest of the site, the line of the link road is clear from Bridge Street through to Derby Road, with a number of retaining walls nearing completion. Lots of drainage is going in at the southern end of the site. And Derbyshire County Council are cracking on with reconstructing Bridge Street south of Lower Mantle Close. The site offices resemble a small village.

No comments:

Post a Comment