About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Monday 10 May 2010


Today I'm nearing the end of putting together a whole new batch of images to send off to GMI. It seems as though I took loads in January, February and March, but then that's been useful. I have sometimes looked back and thought that I should have taken an image from a particular location. Thing is, you can't often tell where the important places will be, except in retrospect. I'm trying to do three things. First, keep landmarks in the background of as many images as possible, so that I can come back later and shoot at the same spot after it's changed. Second, keep shooting at as many different places as possible. Third, throw nothing away.

No comments:

Post a Comment