About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Wednesday 26 May 2010








I've recently received images from two authors. First, through GMI, Marisa Cashill climbed the tower of the Adult Education Centre on 17 May and captured this panorama of the site. Thanks, Marisa. Click on the image to enlarge it. Second, Elaine Kirk lent me a number of photos taken in December 2002 of the Biwaters site. They're on my Clay Cross Flickr group page.

No comments:

Post a Comment