About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Monday 6 December 2010

Having managed to dig my way out of my drive, I took a trip round Clay Cross Sunday afternoon. I guess we had around two feet of snow between Tuesday 30 November and Saturday 4 December. Happily the new store car park was mostly clear, with piles of snow up to 5m high at the edges. Gritters had been at work on the new link road and round the car park and bus station. And the store looked ready. I'm told that Peak FM are publicising the store's opening this morning. Good luck chaps - here's to phase 2. I'll post some images this evening, but there are some on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment