About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Wednesday 10 November 2010
























We're rushing headlong for (I'm told) a 6 December store opening. Everything is happening everywhere; trees planted, tarmac laid, lines painted, paving laid, chiller cabinets and gondolas being installed, phones connected, signs put up, you name it. I've posted two images (both captured yesterday): one looking in through the window (I liked the reflection of the spire and fire station tower) and the other showing the activity outside (compare this with the 16 October image).

No comments:

Post a Comment