About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Friday 26 November 2010

The new link road was opened to traffic this afternoon at about 14:30. I just happened to be in the Cross. All the barriers had been taken away, replaced by lines of cones. A sure sign. Sure enough, half an hour later, the cones had gone, and there were large numbers of people in full PPE (including David) looking very pleased with themselves. So I was probably one of the first officially to drive down the new road (and back). Well done chaps. I know how it feels - you must be very proud that another important stage in the process is completed.
PS I wonder what the stage 3 safety audit picked up?
PPS I wonder what it's going to be called? New Bridge Street sounds logical. Up to NEDDC I guess. I hope it won't be a "Way" or an "Avenue".

No comments:

Post a Comment