About this blog


Clay Cross is a former mining town in North East Derbyshire, UK. In January 2010, work started on a major redevelopment project in the town centre. GMI Property Co. Ltd. have asked me to create a photographic record of the development, and how it changes the landscape, culture and people of the town. This blog is likely to be a diary of my activities over the next year or so.

For more information on the development see the quick links below. I've also created a Set on Flickr, where you will find a selection of the images I produce, and a Clay Cross Flickr group - see the quick links.

Wednesday 29 September 2010























My latest visit was last Saturday morning and (believe it or not) the sun was shining. Interior walls for the Tesco section of the main building were going in (see photo). The new roadway alongside Somerfields was being surfaced. The link road to the A61 is virtually finished. Less and less of Bridge Street is evident, with surfacing going on there as well. And Mr Bown and Mr Snape's premises have now disappeared (missed that, unfortunately). Somebody told me Tesco is less than 12 weeks from opening. I'll have to visit more often.
Also pictured is Aaron, who won the balloon race, receiving his prize (a signed football and tickets to the game) at the Chesterfield United ground last Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment